The importance of proper use of medical gas flowmeter
Medical gas flowmeter is a medical device for oxygen or medical air inhalation of first-aid and hypoxic patients in the hospital, including oxygen flowmeter, and medical air flowmeter. It mainly consists of gas pressure gauge, pressure reducer, safety valve, flow tube, flow control valve, and humidification bottle and other components.
Oxygen flowmeter is mainly used to regulate the flow of oxygen, oxygen humidification. Whether its performance is accurate and reliable will directly affect the patient’s personal safety. It can not only accurately measure the instantaneous flow of oxygen, but also enable healthcare workers to keep abreast of patient oxygen absorption status. Oxygen flowmeter has spread to all levels of medical institutions; township hospitals are also widely used.
The correct way to use medical gas flowmeter
1. Add distilled water to humidify bottle, the water level in the bottle is within the standard line. Prohibit the use of saline instead.
2. Screw the nut of the flow meter onto the gas outlet fitting of the medical gas cylinder valve, the pressure gauge and flowmeter should be in a vertical position.
3. Before supply oxygen or medical air, insert the gas tube into the inlet, and then the counterclockwise direction to turn the flow adjustment switch to open the gas source, so that the floats slowly rise. The scale line on the floating ball is the flow reading, the unit is L/min, and the medical gas supply can be adjusted according to the need.
4. In the process of gas supply, if the water in the bottle of the medical gas flowmeter is lower than the water level line, the flow control switch should be closed in time and the humidifier bottle should be unscrewed. Add distilled water according to the first item. Then screw on the humidifier bottle to continue gas supply.
5. If the flowmeter is not used, the flowmeter gas source should be turned off. If it needs to be removed, hold the flowmeter by hand and remove it. Then pour the bottle of water for cleaning and disinfection, stored in the non-corrosive and well-ventilated room.